Sunday, December 20, 2020

Evolution of my craft room


 Ahhhh, the Scrapbox - now known as the Dreambox - was my first major purchase for my craft room and I was so proud of it.  I could finally get organized and not have boxes and bins of paper and 'stuff'.  It was amazing how quickly I filled it up, and it served me well for many years.  And yes, that is a Miss Piggy ceramic statute on top!

The rest of the room never really evolved. I had another armoire tucked in a corner that held my sewing machine and other supplies, but the room was never cohesive and  I was still losing things in it.  Last February, my husband asked me if I would like to build a new craft room, and he would build it with my assistance.  How could I say no?  My husband has converted our garage into his wood workshop, and he loves to play in it as much as us women love to play in our craft rooms!  We set out to create the build, and he designed the room, with my input, on InDesign on his laptop.  But I have to give him credit - he developed most of the ideas.  I'm pretty impressed with his design abilities!




The top photo is the desk he wants to build.  The other side of the desk will have all of the paper storage.  The bottom photo is one wall of my room that we will build upper cabinets and all drawers underneath the counter.  The darker square in the middle of the picture is the window that is in the room.

Stay with me as the build unfolds.......!


No comments:

Helping You Create Meaningful Memories