Monday, December 1, 2008

Why it's important to buy handmade

Well, it's the holiday shopping season, and this year, I am making a conscience effort to not visit the malls and stores & purchase 'stuff' for my family. Instead, it's all handmade this year.

Why? Several reasons. First, visit the Story of Stuff (http://www.storyofstuff.com/) & you'll understand about consumerism and what it is doing to our planet. That should be reason enough. Secondly, I am moving away from selling 'scrapbooking stuff' and moving into the gift business. I need to market my items, and what better way than to give my creations as gifts. Lastly, by supporting a local business person, you are helping to build a sustainable economy in your own backyard.

Stay tuned to my blog as each day I will post a new creation - whether it's a new line of cards, a new word book or a picture bouquet - I'm sure you will find something unique for one of your loved ones this year!

No comments:

Helping You Create Meaningful Memories