Sunday, August 2, 2009

August PageMaps Sketch Challenge!

I love challenges! Especially those that come with a sketch - it makes scrapping a page so much easier! When PageMaps came up with this sketch for their monthly blog contest, I knew I had to participate:

Here's my version of the sketch:



The contest allows you to use the sketch how you see fit. In other words, you can rotate it, or use another size besides 12x12. I reused some little shells that I had picked up at a thrift store a long time ago, and that is really the only repurposed material on the page. I'm just trying to use up my supplies - I have way too much! I also broke out the sewing machine and sewed a border around the page, and I decided to journal as a border.

I had won a gift certificate to A Cherry On Top and bought some gold Glimmer Mist. I never used it before, so I decided to give it a go on this LO. The 3 black circles I cut from scraps and then sprayed them with the Glimmer Mist. Cool stuff - here's a close up:


I also like my pop dots, so I added a little dimension as well:



I hope you like this LO. If you have some time before 8/16, you can also join in on this challenge. Click here for the challenge.

Happy Scrappin'!






2 comments:

EhKho said...

Great layout, good luck with the contest!

Jan Foselli said...

Thanks! I'm just happy to get some LOs done!!!

Helping You Create Meaningful Memories