Monday, October 20, 2008

Coping with the Holidays - blog challenge

Can you sense the rush yet? The retailers seem to bring the Christmas rush in earlier and earlier every year, which creates a lot of anxiety for some people.
Well, there are ways to deal with it. Ignoring might work for a while. I refuse to walk down any aisle this is displaying any type of Christmas or Holiday decorations, except for Halloween, but that stuff is already gone!

My blog challenge this month is: What do you plan to do to take it easy this year and not get caught up in the holiday hype?

This year is going to be simple for me: shop on etsy.com! Yes, I will make my family members gifts, but there are times that I'm too busy to do that, so I will support the handmade gift movement by purchasing from hardworking artisans and crafters like me! I will decorate my house with items I already have and sit back and enjoy the holidays & stay out of the mall!!!!

What about you? Post your comments by Nov. 15th to share your thoughts with everyone else, and you could also be the lucky winner who's name is pulled for a prize!

1 comment:

Coffeemonkey said...

Amen to that, sista! I totally hate going into stores that have Christmas stuff out. I am starting to be a scrooge about Christmas for just that reason. Besides, Etsy Rocks!! That pic of the dog w/the different colored eyes is disturbing but hilarious! LOL!! Hey, thanks for the comment!

Helping You Create Meaningful Memories