Friday, February 13, 2009

Gear up for presents!

“We never know the worth of water till the well is dry.” -Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732

When I talk about 'green' scrapbooking, I'm really doing the Earth an injustice. I'm limiting myself to just one little niche in my green endeavors - scrapbooking. What about the rest of the paper craft genre?

Even though it's only February, the holidays are here before you know it and everyone is scrambling around purchasing, buying, purchasing, buying, blah, blah, blah. So if you take some time now, you can be ready to MAKE some gifts come November. Here's what you can start saving:

  • Cardboard - think of all the things that arrive in the mail or some type of cardboard packaging you get when you purchase something. Start breaking it down and putting it in a safe place. There are many projects we can do with this stuff.
  • Tins and powder drink containers - we are big drinkers of Gatorade in this house. Every 10 days, I'm trying to do something clever with the container. Hold onto a few of these - I'll show you what we can do with them.
  • Paper bags - some stores are going back to these instead of plastic. Throw a couple in the closet and we'll get creative with them.
  • Shredded paper - are you shredding all of your confidential information? Good - you need to. Now bag some of that stuff and I have some ideas for it.

Stay tuned as next week I'll show you some project ideas with these materials.

No comments:

Helping You Create Meaningful Memories