Recycling is the process of turning waste materials such as paper and plastics into a new resource.
- To recycle, save recyclable items and send or take them to a recycling facility. The facility will process the materials so it can be used in new materials.
- The craft of scrapbooking involves a lot of paper products, including cardstock, patterned paper, and packaging. Often scrapbook items are sold in plastic packaging as well. Learn what items can be recycled in your area.
- Set up a spot in your scrapbook area for placing items that can be recycled. In my scrapbook area I keep a trash bag for recycling papers and a trash can for non-recyclable items. Sort paper and other recyclable items as you are scrapping.
- When opening a new product, divide the paper and plastic aspects of the product. Sort and place any recyclable items in the appropriate recycling containers.
- Support recycled products. Write to the scrapbook manufacturers asking them to consider using recycling materials in their products.
We have a few manufacturers who are on board and are offering recycled papers and products while trying to reduce the waste in their packaging. If we collectively have a voice and let the manufacturers know that we want more enviro-friendly products, they will listen to us!