Saturday, May 14, 2011

5 Things

As I'm re-evaluating my life, I have definitely decided there is too much 'stuff' in our house. We live in a 1100 square foot townhouse, and while we aren't hoarders or anything like that, we tend to accumulate 'stuff' and not let it go. I just finished reading 'The 100 Thing Challenge' and while I'm not ready to live with a specific amount of things, I'm ready to let go of a bunch of stuff.

I decided if I find 5 things each day to get rid of, I should start easing the amount of 'stuff' in the house. I'm not sure if I can get DH on board or not (he has A LOT of things), but I think if he sees me purging, it might spark something within him. To make myself accountable, I will post on here the 5 things I find each day to get rid of. I actually started this on Thursday, so I'll catch up with the past 2 days:

Thursday 5/12/11
An XXL large shirt DH bought for his Dad on a hunting trip in Idaho. It's too big for his Dad, and DH was going to 'return' it via mail for another size. That was October, 2009.
4 Shirts from my closet. These were things I haven't worn in years, so Ciao! Off with you!

Friday, 5/13/11
2 necklaces
1 pig pin
1 bracelet
1 set of fake silver earrings

So, you are probably wondering what I'm going to do with this stuff? Well, I really don't believe in clogging up our already overflowing landfills, so these are good quality items and will be donated to some thrift store (just haven't decided which one yet).

What 5 things can you get rid of?

No comments:

Helping You Create Meaningful Memories