Monday, July 18, 2011

What are your frugal hobbies?

I read this question on another forum and it made me think about my frugal hobbies.

  • Biking - I love to work out and I bought my Specialized Allez frame back in 2003. It was a leftover from 2002, so I picked it up for $500. Over time, I purchased better components for it, and I still ride it today without having to change or 'upgrade' any more components.
  • Reading - I love to read, and what a great frugal hobby. I can share books with my sister and friends, or go to the library.
  • Running - I love to run and all I have to invest in is a good pair of shoes. I purchase them from a local running store, who gives me credit towards coupons that I can use for future purchases.
  • Scrapbooking. Initially this was a huge investment. In fact, this is the one thing that got me in trouble with my credit cards. But now I have so much 'stuff' all I have to do is purchase adhesive (always with my Joann or Michael's coupons!) and some cutting blades when they get dull and now I have cards and gifts for everyone!
What are your frugal hobbies?

No comments:

Helping You Create Meaningful Memories