Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Help! I'm stranded

This morning I was stranded. I was left without a very important tool. I.......was.....stuck.......in the 'little girls room' as my Mother fondly called it.

Yes, no toilet paper - not a fun way to start the morning, that's for sure. I always thought I was so organized, and that I fully stocked every bathroom in the house with several rolls, for those 'just in case' moments. Well, I was wrong. No more t.p. under the sink.

So, what is the lesson learned? When you use the last of something, you better write it down on your shopping list, lest you find yourself stranded. I've read that it takes 21-28 days (depending on who you read) to form a habit. One new habit for me is keeping a list on the fridge of what is needed so when I shop for the week, I know what items I used the last of. It's a small step in my organizing journey, but a very important one.

Oh, by the way, the story has a happy ending. Since I recycle my t.p. rolls, I found one that had rolled somewhat behind the toilet, and I was able to scrap enough off to just get by.........

No comments:

Helping You Create Meaningful Memories