I live in South Florida & this is the image on the National Hurricane Site this morning. See the big round circle in FL? That's Lake Okeechobee, and I live directly due East of it on the coast. Sometime on Saturday, Tropical Storm Emily will pass by us, bringing much needed rain and some wind. Hopefully it won't strengthen to a hurricane, and we will have a near miss.
I'm not worried thought. Why? Because we are prepared.
- We have a generator and today DH will fill up some gas cans
- We eat simply - lots of fruit & veggies - and they don't necessarily need refrigeration.
- We can easily put our hands on our hurricane shutters and install them in a matter of a few hours.
- We have a small house which is concrete construction with reinforced steel and a concrete roof.
- We survived Hurricanes Wilma, Jeanne and the other female that I can't remember
A tropical storm is like staying home during a big snowstorm. We are well stocked and have plenty to do, with or without power. The only difference is the weather is HOT and HUMID and no A/C is not fun. But, when the storm passes and if we are without power, we have a window A/C just in case.............