Sunday, December 20, 2015

Just Catching Up!

It's been almost a month since my last post, and I am sorry about that!  This time of year gets hectic for everyone - me included!  Every year, I always say to myself, "I'm not going to get caught up in the Christmas rush!" But somehow it always happens.  I was able to get some Christmas lights up  outside the house on Thanksgiving weekend but then we took a quick trip to visit my husband's family, and I have instantly fell behind.  In fact, the tree just went into the stand yesterday!

Despite all the craziness of the year, we all need to follow some tips.  Here are mine:

1.  Have a budget and a list and stick to it.  Santa has a list, and you should too.
2.  Try to buy as much as possible on-line and shop early.  Save yourself the time, headaches and feelings of stress by utilizing the Internet!
3.  Write a list of other 'stuff' you need to do and cross things off as you complete them.
4.  Break your tasks into small projects.  Instead of tackling the entire tree at once, maybe just hang the lights one night and decorate it the next.
5.  Take a break and give yourself permission to breathe.  And have a glass of wine - or your favorite beverage - and enjoy the moment.

So there you have it - a few little tips to help you relax in the 'less than 1 week' before Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Helping You Create Meaningful Memories