Sunday, September 14, 2008

Scraps of me!

Wow - a whole week went by and I didn't post anything. I just don't know where the time goes! I apologize for that.

In the meantime, I did work on a layout for me this past week. It's something that I'm trying to do since I spend the majority of my time working the business, I forget about my own personal scrapping.

In the recent issue of Memory Makers magazine, (and if you are reading it too don't forget about the 10% discount you'll receive if you order from the store!) the Reader Idea Gallery focused on honoring yourself by scrapping a page in honor of yourself. So, I looked through it, and while I didn't scraplift a layout, I was struck by Jennifer Armentrout's layout of her addiction to keeping scraps.

I looked down beneath my desk and saw the shoebox. You know the one - filled with pieces of paper. "Why do I keep this paper?", I thought. It struck me - because my Mom never allowed us to waste things growing up. There is always a practical use for everything. Mom didn't realize she was ahead of her time in the greening of our environment.

So, I came up with this layout - in honor of Mom:



The journaling reads: "Don't waste." my Mom always told me! So in a nice shoebox from my DH, I have all my scraps - big pieces, little pieces, funky shaped pieces. I have them all! And I use them. Mom always gives good advice!!

No comments:

Helping You Create Meaningful Memories