Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Great Find



"Don't blow it - good planets are hard to find." ~Quoted in Time






We are given one planet to live on - all of us. We need to take care of it, protect it and nurture it. So in my never ending quest to reduce my carbon footprint, I looked on Craig's list for the first time in about a month. You never know what you may find on there. So, there was a woman, in Palm City, that was moving & selling the remainder of her scrapbooking stash for $100. I gave her a call, it was all still available and at 12:15 pm on Friday, I pulled up to her house to see what I would find. Well, let me show you!










As I unpacked this wonderful treasure trove, I couldn't believe it. She had unopened packages of paper, ribbons and embellies. Now they are mine - to create projects, phoquets and word books, that I can sell to you.

Why am I sharing this with you? Because scrapbooking is a fun hobby, and we are often in a rush to go out & buy the best of everything and the latest & greatest. Craigslist or Ebay are great sources of unused products that people have laying around. Right now, for some people who are in financial trouble, they are relying on me and you to buy their "stuff". What a way to save our money, help someone else out with their finances and, most importantly, save our one and only Earth.

No comments:

Helping You Create Meaningful Memories