Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New uses for bottlecaps

New Uses for Bottlecaps!



My husband loves his IBC Root Beer, and I love the bottlecaps! I am designing a Word Book for my niece, Allison, and I had a few bottlecaps lying around, so I decided to incorporate it into her book.
What can you do with a bottlecap? you ask. Turn it into an embellishment! A 1-inch circle punch is the perfect size for a piece of paper to fit inside the bottle cap (oh - wash the cap first as it can be a little sticky!). I also grabbed a rub-on word and stick for rubbing.


I used the word 'courage' because I feel Allison is taking a giant step next year in leaving home for college. I know when I was 18, I was not ready to leave the roost. I admire this quality in her.

















After adding the rub-on, I simply adhered the circle punch to the bottle cap. You can use a glue dot or any other strong adhesive.


















Finally, I used the remainder of my 3-in-1 adhesive in adhering the bottlecap to the Word Book:

















Here's the full Word Book. It's not done yet, and if I find some other goodies to recycle and use on the book, I will post them as well!

















And remember, if you are interested in a custom made Word Book, please visit my website at http://www.rwctc.com/! Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Helping You Create Meaningful Memories