Monday, February 13, 2012

One a day purge

After reading this post, one-a-day-keeps-the-clutter-away, I've re-committed myself to decluttering our house.  If we are going to move in the next 12 months, there is definitely a lot of 'stuff' that's built up again. I've already decluttered once, and I disposed of alot of items.  Most things went to the Humane Society of the Treasure Coast's Thrift Store, but I have slacked off.

I looked at the pantry today, and I found 3 boxes of bread mix that my in-laws sent us.  We never made them, and when I turned the boxes over to find the expiration date, I was shocked to see April, 2011.  If these 3 boxes have been sitting in our pantry for a couple of years and we never made the bread, then I think it's time to go.  Plus they are almost a year out of expiration, and I bet the yeast is no good.  Wow - that just freed up almost an entire shelf!  Oh, and let me explain my pantry - my DH built a shelving unit on the back of closet door downstairs.  We were trying to add some space to our small townhouse & it works wonderfully.

What are you going to declutter today?

No comments:

Helping You Create Meaningful Memories