Saturday, February 11, 2012

Finding Myself....

Have you ever said to yourself, "I must have ADD!  I can't focus on any one thing for any period of time.  I'm bored easily and I have all these great ideas and I don't implement any of them."  I say this to myself alot.  ALOT.  Let's be realistic:  I don't have ADD.  I'm not disorganized, I'm not reckless, I don't have marital problems, my listen skills are great, I'm not extremely distracted, I can start tasks, I definitely know how to relax, I'm punctual, not angry and I can prioritize.

I feel my problem (after laying on the couch and psychoanalyzing myself) is I don't know what I want out of life & who I am.  My career is an HR Manager.  I didn't chose this profession, it chose me.  I fell into it when I was 20 & pursued it with zest & vigor.  Now, 20 years later, I don't like it so much.  It's not for me. There are bits & pieces of it that I like, but not enough to say, "this is what I want to do until I retire."

I've decided that in my 40th year, (which begins on 4/18/12 and will go through 4/17/13) I have to find me and my next profession.  I'm sure my DH would still like me to have a 'corporate' job, where I receive great benefits!  But I'm not sure that is for me in the long haul.  Let's face it - there isn't any corporate loyalty to the workers, so why should I be loyal to a corporation?  I think of them as stepping stones in my journey of life.

This blog is going to reflect my thoughts & progress my journey as I venture to find myself and my next career for the next part of my life.  Thanks for sharing the journey with me.

No comments:

Helping You Create Meaningful Memories